Friday, September 05, 2008

It's At Times Like This That Homeownership Sucks

I was walking through the family room, in an area right next to our laundry room, when I noticed that the floor is wet. I didn't think anything of it since it's raining outside. It wasn't until a short while later that my wife called me into the kitchen to tell me that there was no hot water. Long story short, the new hot water heater installed less than 2 months ago has a leak. It's not in the water heater itself, but on the output pipe. It's at a difficult-to-reach area between the heater and a wall. It's not hard to imagine that the plumber who connected the pipe had an equally difficult time getting back there to seal it.

Unfortunately, we had water out under out carpet to a radius of about 3 feet. I shop vacced it as well as possible. Then we pulled the carpet, shop vacced it some more, then sat it over some chairs. We have a fan blowing over it. Hopefully, it and the padding will be dry before the weekend is over.

No comments: