Thursday, April 15, 2010

Hey, FX Networks! You SUCK!

Again, it's my fault. I started watching the new series on FX Networks called "Justified". For whatever reason, I like it. However, I missed the second episode. This has not been a problem on other shows. For example, both "Burn Notice" and "In Plain Sight" (two of my other favorites) provide online episodes. Click to the website, click "Play" and away we go.

Not so with "Justified". First, I'm told that I have to download the "Move Media Player" which will provide "rich and exciting" video to my desktop. If you've read any part of this blog, you'll know that I no longer run Windows as my primary operating system. When I clicked on "Install", I was given a window that stated that "Move Media Player" only works on Windows XP and Vista, as well as Mac OS X.

Strike 1, FX.

I went ahead and fired up my laptop, which runs Vista. Except that Windows decided to go off the deep end. The "explorer.exe" process was running at 100%, making running anything impossible.

Strike 2, FX.

An hour later, I'd created a work-around for that problem. I managed to get the media player loaded. I started the episode I wanted. By the way, that took two restarts of the browser due to several errors I received. Except the episode is the wrong dimensions. Everyone is stretched out vertically.

Oh, and that whole "no buffering" is a whole lot of bullshit. If you're operating on the Internet, you're using a buffer. No way around it. Period.

So, I've downloaded a problem in which the first thing presented is either a lie or a completely made-up piece of bullshit. (My fault.) Then it requires over an hour to get to work. (Their fault.) And, to top it all off, it's probably watching everything I do. (My fault AND their fault.)

Strike 3, FX. You're out.

I'll be deleting the "Move Media Player" from my computer. And telling FX to pound sand.

No comments: