Monday, November 14, 2005

How I Hate Malware

I just tried to log on to my one and only chat group. I found that it had been hacked by some piece of scum (lower than scum, really). Instead of getting the site, I was re-directed to a site that had the simple banner of "Hacked! Secretlyx".

Wow! That's so cool! NOT!

I know the piece of shit that hacked the site is probably telling people how it is making the Internet safer for everyone by pointing out the flaws in security. I, of course, would like to hunt it down, find out where it lives, then bust down it's door, kick in the door to it's bedroom, and stand over it and ask it how much it appreciates my pointing out the flaw in it's front door not being stronger.

If I had to guess, though, it's parent's would probably tell me that it is really a good it and was just "playing around". I would then point out that they should not have bred if this was the best they could do.

I realize that it is not much of a threat, but I have a job in which I interview applicants. When I find out that an applicant has done malicious hacking, even if it is "just for fun", I throw them out. I realize you may find another job somewhere else. But I'll be damned if I'll hire your dumbass.

You've been told.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

while your point is well taken you need some lessons in good sarcasm.

all in all i like your post, i give it a 7 out of 10.

good day to you sir

Gary said...

Never said I was any good at sarcasm.

I am good at believing passionately in right and wrong.

The idiot who did the re-direction attack was wrong.

Thus endeth this sermon.

And good day to you, too, sir.

Gajimmy