Thursday, November 17, 2005

Mathcad: It Was Great

I've been a Mathcad user for many years now. I first purchased it when it was version 5. Now Mathsoft, the maker of Mathcad, is up to version 13. And there were a few extras in between, such as Mathcad 2001. I purchased Mathcad 12 earlier this year. Since then, they've come out with one new update to the software.

The problem is that this update created a bug in one of Mathcad's graphic utilities. Mathcad makes it very easy to create a graph. They've also added some features with these graphs, such as zoom in and zoom out. The bug I speak of makes it difficult to use the zoom in and out feature. It's one of those things that you don't know you'll miss until it's gone.

I sent an e-mail to Mathsoft earlier this year talking about this bug. Mathsoft sent back a reply saying they were aware of this bug. Since then, deafening silence. No fix. No update.

But are they hawking version 13.

Now here this, Mathsoft: Version 12, for which I paid many hundreds of dollars, still does not fully work. When you fix the bugs, I will think about purchasing the upgrade.

You are probably not listening. I'm only one person. But I have a blog. No, it's not much, either. But you never know who might be listening.

No comments: